CELEBRATE THE FIRST. This special Chuck 70 celebrates the legacy of Chuck Cooper, who became the first African American player to be drafted by an NBA team when he was selected by the Boston Celtics in the 1950 NBA Draft. The sneaker pays homage to Cooper, including references to his life, his career, and basketball in the 1950’s. It is also the first time another name has ever replaced Chuck Taylor’s on the sneaker’s license plate.
- High top satin sneakers, inspired by 1950s NBA uniforms.
- Colors inspired by Boston Celtics.
- Hardwood Classics NBA logo on midsole.
- Chuck Cooper graphic and player label inside tongue.
- 50s-inspired Chuck Taylor ankle patch and Chuck Cooper vintage license plate.